Monday, 9 May 2016

The Evolution of a Nickname

I don’t know about you but when I give someone a nickname I properly dedicate myself to it. A nickname should be an evolving thing, a constant and relentless quest for perfection. As man evolved so to must their nicknames. Below are a few examples of nicknames I have for people I know, whether they know they have these names or not is irrelevant.

Original (Pet) Name: Babe
Nickname Evolution: Babs – Babsington – Lady McBabsington – Lord Babsington – Lord Nigel Henry Babsington III

Original Name: Vanessa
Nickname Evolution: Ness – Loch Ness – Loch – Lock and Key – Pad Lock – Pad – Paddy McGuiness

Original Name: Fran
Nickname Evolution: Frangelina – Frangelina Jolie – Frantom of the Opera

Original Name: Alan
Nickname Evolution: Al – Alley Walley – Alanis – Alanis Morissette

Do any of you have any nicknames you are particularly proud of?

No comments:

Post a Comment