Thursday, 14 July 2016

Bagnoregio, Italy

This past Saturday we visited a town called Bagnoregio and I can honestly say it is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited. It is an old town built on a hilltop, accessible only by a narrow bridge leading from a road below it. In fact the town’s supplies are brought in on mopeds and ambulance services are supplied by buggies.


In the town there are various residences, a church, a number of restaurants and bars and a handful of shops. It is a small town, taking only a few minutes to walk from one end to another, but with the amazing views and small, Etruscan caves, it is absolutely incredible.


So I thought I’d share a few images from my trip there, showing the town and its views. Its a tough walk up the bridge but it is well worth it.


The route up. 

The view down. 

The town's entrance. 

A typical house. 

A typical street. 

Some of the locals. 

A view from the edge of the town. 

Another view from the edge of the town. 
Want to keep up with my travels? Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robjohncarroll/?hl=en






No comments:

Post a Comment