Wednesday, 24 August 2016

The Overwhelming Impulse to do a Northern Accent

Sometimes I do a mock, and very poor, Northern accent, I don’t know how it started, when it started or why it started but I do it and I amuse myself, greatly. 

I enjoy doing a lot of bad accents. I do Russian, Italian, Chav, Londoner – I do all of them purely to exasperate my friends, you know, ‘cause I’m nice like that.

The problem is my partner’s Uncle has a northern accent, being that he’s from England’s northerly direction and I’m constantly paranoid he’ll think I’m mocking him, but I can’t help myself!

Other people struggle with relationships, debt, social interaction difficulties caused by class, gender, race or religion, for me the hardest thing is my daily struggle against being a complete arse and bombarding people with dodgy accents. #TheStruggleIsReal – as the cool kids would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment