Monday, 15 May 2017

Mindfulness for People put off by Mindfulness

A lot of people find the idea of mindfulness off putting. They assume it's a bunch of airy fairy hippy nonsense.

In early 2016 I was one of the those people, then I gave it a go. Now I love it, I meditate regularly, welcome periods of silence and solitude and rest and am more able to recognise what is truly important to me.

But that's just me and my decision to try it was somewhat forced on me, others may not wish to try it in such a full on way. So go about it in a different way, you don't have to dive in at the deep end with periods of meditation and deep/honest looks at yourself.

Just try and have periods when you aren't rushing from one thing to another, where you aren't working on something. Put your feet up and read a book or go for a walk by yourself. Exercise or sit and talk with someone without the distraction of a smartphone or a TV show. You'll find you'll be practicing mindfulness and that you won't have turned into an airy fairy hippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment